In a mortar, pound garlic, coriander roots,
and peppercorns. Mix well and place in a
2. In the mixing bowl with the garlic mixture,
add fish sauce, white soya sauce, and sugar.
Mix well. Marinate the pork in this mixture
for 1 hour.
3. Charcoal grill the pork until cooked.
4. To steam the sticky rice, soak the sticky
rice in water for 3-5 hours (or overnight).
Rinse and drain well.
5. Line the perforated part of a steamer
with a white thin cloth. Place the sticky
rice on the cloth and wrap.
6. Put water in the bottom of the steamer
and steam the rice for approximately 20
minutes over moderate heat. Remove when
rice has cooked. Cooked rice should look
dry and soft when it is pressed flat.
7. Serve with Nam
Jim Jaew. (Northeastern-style spicy